Monday, March 26, 2007

Sylogistic

We cannot have faith in fact, faith concerns that which cannot be known. Fact concerns that which cannot be known. Nothing can be known, therefore faith is concerned with everything and fact is concerned with nothing. Facts are meaningless, faith is fullness, but only when it is emptied. Only in complete ignorance can real faith come. Why then do those who profess to live by faith feel so certain that they have a grasp on things? I'm not talking about admitting that we don't know everything, I am saying that we know nothing. Most people who claim that they live by faith are desperately clinging to facts, drowning at that, and doing so with little style.

Wracked by physical pain by your absence. I know that this will last for an eternity, but I am saved in that I do not know that this will last for eternity. This is hope, this is what I have faith in, that the suffering will end. But, I don't have this hope because I know that it will end, but because I don't know that it won't. Ignorance, darkness, blindness and dispair are the only things that can truly bring release from this...mess?...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys should post more! Great blog by the way.

Altruistic Indemnity said...

It's spelled Syllogic (Syllogistic)