Thursday, March 29, 2007

Implosion

In description we often turns to comparison. In fact, we always do. Things do not possess characteristics in themselves, but merely exhibit what we perceive to be their content in that we are comparing them to other things. These do not have to be comparisons of things to things, but even things to qualities. We also describe things in relation to what they are not. Re: An Example of My Logic (the equation, A does not equal B, gives both A and B their substance). This task of describing is therefore futile since we do nothing but compare infinite numbers of substanceless things to one another. Every individual things in empty of meaning apart from contrast, they are all nothing. So, if we describe things in comparison to other things then all we are saying is: nothing is like nothing. nothing is nothing is nothing is nothing ad infinitum. Comparison is empty, definition is empty, everything is empty.

What then is the point of language if it continually empties things of their meaning? If language is dwelling of being then where does that leave us? Can I attain a state of understanding in which I no longer cling to defining myself by the universe I percieve around me and just accept that I am? I am...

1 comment:

Heliantheae said...

why dont you just remove yourself from civilization and everything that anyone ever fathoms as reality and never speak again and then you wont have to worry your pretty little head about comparisons and what not.