Saturday, January 07, 2006

Delay and Dear Lover (Social D)

Tom Delay has stepped down from his position as leader of the house. Wow. Only took him 4 months to realize he may not win that whole inditement thing. US politics is fairly amusing to me. Me being a Canadian, Suburbanite from the hippie side of the country. It seems that every other week theres a major scandal going on in the Bush Administration. But they always seem to come out smelling like roses. Or at least Febreeze.
Being Canadian, I realize that the political system is flawed all over the world. And seeing as how the government has been screwing people since some dude in Egypt decided he was a living god and should rule over the people. Canadian politics is like the US', but more watered down. Worst we got was Cretien and his golf balls. Sponsorship scandals are all well and good but wheres the meat? The sex, lies and video tape. Oops, almost forgot the Mulroney tapes.
Politics makes me happy. I enjoy watching these guys say one thing and do another. Politicians have been two faced since Rome became a republic. So it's not going to change. I believe Winston Churchill once said that democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the others. And its true. Fascism works.....for a while. Until the great and mighty leader goes kaput and the country along with him. Communism is a wonderful happy dream. In realistic terms it fails quite badly. Only extreme manipulation of it to make it work is almost a parady of itself. Monarchies were fine...until people could read. Then it kinda went downhill til now only Saudi Arabia and Switzerland are the only aboslute monarchs. The rest are mere figureheads and images of a bi-gone era.
The world will never truly be at peace. Its just a fragile alliance of nations that keeps people from going anarchy on one another. There will always be one group that hates another. There must be an enemy. Its just part of the human morality and psyh that I'm not going to get into because A) I dont have the knowledge and B) I really dont care all that much. Society is flawed because humans are flawed, government is corrupt because people are corrupt, bananas grow upside down because theres just not enough gravity in south america.
Now, due to recent comments and such, you dont have to agree with me. In fact, you can argue my point to the brink of death. Problem is I wont care that much to respond. What I think is inconcequential. And what you think is totally up to you. Pro-life, pro-abortion, war hawk, peace dove, hippies, nazis we're all people. The world may be messed and it may never get fixed but theres one thing we can all agree on. Bananas are just too good to pass up.
Adieu.
My legs are behind my head.
PS. I never seem to have a point do I?

2 comments:

the philosopher one said...

i guess i should have expected no more

Erroneous Monk said...

exactly