Friday, February 16, 2007

Whispers of Concrete and Glass

Turkeyshoot has adopted a new template, color, and subtext.
We feel the changes to color and template were a much needed update from the earthy tones of the previous, though the subtext shift may beg deeper examination.
Urban v. Urbane seems to me, the true heart of what we are hoping to accomplish here.
Both words deriving from the same source, the more modern split in usage is one of manner, style and expression versus the concrete, steel and glass of hollow monetary interests.
That of urban blight, corporate abuse, and yuppie materialism.
We hope to espouse true sophistication in worldview- that is, the fundamental desire to grow, learn, comprehend, and think, free of oppressive big-city dictums.
A sincere desire to explore, appreciate and express the full magesty, mystery and wonder of this earth, and all that is upon, above, and within.

5 comments:

the philosopher one said...

Horray, the Irishman speaks! But, I must argue vocabulary. Is sophistication not the mortal enemy of philosophy? I recently came to an end with philosophy, I realised how it too was just inane banter. This scares me because I have so defined myself as a philsopher. What has murdered my philosophy, where have I gone? Mayhaps I will say more sometime...Anywho, I do quite agree witht his new start for the Turkeyshoot, hey maybe we should change it to the Turkeychute, like a laundrychute or any duct which carries objects through tubes.

Anonymous said...

If I could borrow a phrase from you, I would contend that you speak more of maligned sophistication, than that of which I speak. A sophistication that thihks only of appearances, and is in effect, more urban, than urbane, as we have defined them.
Sophisication in it's purest sense would be complexity. Understanding and dwelling within a worldview that encompasses more; in an ironic twist, recognizing that we understand, because we understand nothing, we know, because we know nothing, we see, because we see nothing.
Having the sophistication not to be frightened by new ideas, or by the vaguery and abstract nature of true thought.

the philosopher one said...

well put

Altruistic Indemnity said...

viewership seems to be down.

Anonymous said...

Good post. I like the new site.