Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Writer's Block

I would be really happy if "writer's block" was merely a delicious salt lick. Does anyone remember that Simpsons episode in which the doctor explains to Mr. Burns that the only thing keeping him alive is a perfect balance of every imaginable disease? This is the state of the ideas in my mind. They are all trying to get through the door at once, so I cannot get any of them out. That and I'm feeling lazy and contemplating further academic suicide. Perhaps something will condence in a little while. To anyone who reads this thing, keep checking around here every once in a while because some good stuff may surface without any warning. Like the bloated corpse of a long dead goose released from the cement shoes given it by the violent duck mafia...How's that for an alternate vision of the mighty Phoenix arising from the ashes...

2 comments:

curious coquette said...

Banish the block which ceases your creative energy! To have writer's block is more painful than listening to Bill Cosby sing the 'Jello' song..complete with wiggling movements! There is a lack of intelligent and witty blogs on the internet (and though facebook is enticing, my brain quickly turns into a mush-like substance shortly thereafter). So make Plato proud! Or else you will be haunted by dreams consisting of Taubs chasing you with a giant taser...

Altruistic Indemnity said...

I had something going yesterday. I was nearly complete, but I lost it. Its partly my own ignorance and stupidity, really, but the other half is simply fate. I'll continue working on it though.