Thursday, January 04, 2007

Unequivocal Light from Every Direction

Eternity and oblivion
Everything and nothing
All directions and One Direction
they are all one in the same
paradoxos

The human being, the artist to be more precise, and the writer/speaker still more distilled, does not own the ideas that he expresses.
He is a conduit through which the realm of ideas, thoughts, the eternal expresses itself in a knowable form. An utterance of the unknowable. A clearing of the obfuscated.

The thinker must never assume to own these thoughts or even his particular articulation of them any more than Strauss' violin should claim to own the Blue Danube.

There is no reason to feel as it one's ideas have been stolen. This sight is copyright protected.
why?
Will I ever gain anything from what I write?
What is money?
What is fame?
They are all just dust in the wind.
Plagerism is not wrong because it is stealing from the person, but because it makes profane the sacred temple of art. It sullies the holy act of channelling the eternal.

The true artist lives in obscurity and dies unknown to the world with only the hope that their articulation may some day touch other hurt and lonely mortals.
To have the capacity to grasp the infinite to such an extent that one can create a piece of art reflecting it, is reward enough.

I am not arrogant about the learning I have done. I am not proud of the ways I have and continue to express the ideas I see floating in eternity.
I do not believe that I am right and other people are wrong.
I only protest when someone refuses to acknowledge this ignorance.

I hate dogmatism, people creating rocks out of sand.
I hate opinion, I have belief.
Against opinion, beyond belief---paradoxos!

I appear aloof and academic, but on the contrary, I deny ownership of knowledge. I find myself here again...I know nothing. I begin another chapter of my life back at this spiraling beginning and terminus.

May the thoughts, shapes, tones, textures, temperatures, sounds and hues of the eternal decend on me. Transform me into a glowing light, so that I can radiate its wondrous light. Illuminate the dark and ignorant world around me.

Save us all from this world of mirrors and illusions.

Through our art, let us express something truly and unequivocally real.

This cannot be reached through human means, our greatest art is equivocal, dark and obfuscated. We are but dull reflections of the radiant light. It is only through Unity with All That Is, that we truly become.

Our expressions and experiences of Art are but hints to the glory and ecstatic joy which we can achieve once we are free of our mortal trapings, our pride, ambition, anger, laziness, excess and small-mindedness...

I once said that all articulations of the eternal is idolatry. But, if done reverently(not to be confused with religious reverence mind you) they can help us achieve enlightenment. When we are enlightened we will have no need for art because we will be One with That which we attempt to mimic...

(with that the writer exploded into billions of miniscule light particles and vanished from human perception)

and the mystic within me breaks forth once again...

No comments: