Sunday, March 02, 2008

Work

At secondary point
alone I sit
With nothing to ponder
and little to keep my mind a lit.

This job is grueling,
tiresome at best
Pushing me ever so greatly
- this physical test-

When shall they come and relieve me?
I cry
That I might leave this desk
- for but a moment -
not be left here to die

They wait there, they stand
in that line and glare;
For I shan't help them
- I just sit here -

For us both it is not fair.



Two days in a row
at this second point;
At first it did greatly me irritate
I know idleness here
would soon drive me mad
with nothing to do
I'd fast be irrate

So I sort cards through the day
to occupy time;
I won't wholly use taxpayer money
to linger here,
composing rhyme.

I recommend this choice
as you sit here too;
It will make the time go by,
your hours seem like few.

No comments: