Sunday, May 13, 2007

tURN phOEnIx turN

This thought comes from a poem that I was almost able to write back in January which entirely defeats the statement made by the poem. It was about how in the different seasons of the year I was either able to produce coherent and insightful thoughts and communicate them to other people and in other seasons I was not. Winter and Spring are my seasons of production whereas Fall and especially Summer seem to be marked by incredible silence. I should have been able to finish that poem in January. There is something about the scorching sun and aridity which leaves my mind empty. I have been heat stroked 3 times this week, oh how I hate earning money! All this to say that I most likely won't be writing online much this summer as I will need to use this season to retreat to my ignorant cogitation, my dark brooding, my complete mental anahiliation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It;s not really a fair statement. For the last number of years your summers have been filled with sould sucking miserableness. Once you've broken that pattern, there is no reason not to assume the unproductivity will end with it..

Anonymous said...

soul...not sould.
Who id of course the norse god of the harvest...

I wonder if anyone will actually believe that?