Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Grammar

Grammar (grăm'ər) [I like to pronounce it GwraeMMerrrrrr, it's funny)
n.
1. The study of how words and their component parts combine to form sentences.
2. The study of structural relationships in language or in a language, sometimes including pronunciation, meaning, and linguistic history.
3. The system of inflections, syntax, and word formation of a language.
4. The system of rules implicit in a language, viewed as a mechanism for generating all sentences possible in that language.
5. A normative or prescriptive set of rules setting forth the current standard of usage for pedagogical or reference purposes.
6. Writing or speech judged with regard to such a set of rules.
7. A book containing the morphologic, syntactic, and semantic rules for a specific language.
8. The basic principles of an area of knowledge: the grammar of music.
9. A book dealing with such principles.
10. Completely lost skill set and ability.

Whatever has happened to the most basic skill sets as pertaining to grammar and spelling; the most basic elements of syntax and communication. The simple uilding blocks of non-verbal communication, the metaphysical wall that seperates us from the untamed beasts. I look around at the inclusions that are being made in our common language, and all of it seems to be a pervertion of proper language. Being cut apart by "msn speak" in an attempt to economise in as much as possible, we've lost our once beautiful, understandable language in favour of efficiency. An efficiency fostered at the cost of clarity.
I'm out. I be pooning some noobs, at they own game B4 I go to poon some noobs wit my comp, so I can flyu up the rank so I'll be # 1, not 3 on the ranks, peece.
(shudder)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.pwned.nl

Anonymous said...

"Whatever has happened to the most basic skill sets as pertaining to grammar and spelling; the most basic elements of syntax and communication."

fragment

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was aware that while writing a post on grammer and syntax, that my every comma would be watched and graded; it was for that reason that I left the post with erors included, as I felt it would contribute to the irony...sweet, sweet irony.
Good day.