Monday, November 27, 2006

An Unexpected Direction

So, I had some more thoughts on the snow. I have noted before, perhaps not on this blog, that humans generally hate each other and wish to kill one another. I realised this on the bus one day when people were being especially brutish to one another. I wondered why people don't just kill each other. I concluded that people get their latent hate for one another out by focusing all of their anamocity towards prominent figures such as presidents and actors. Take for example the frequent and unrelated references towards George W. Bush everytime something bad happens. eg. "George Bush made hurricanes kill black people". Although much anger towards Dubya is also pent up sexual attraction, which I will someday expand on in my novel "Fuck George Bush: The Modern University Student's Hard-On For Dubya", my point that people release their anger for one another on prominent figures stands. Furthermore, as I watched many snowball fights and the intense facewashes which often come with them I realised something further about human nature. We play war, we have snowball fights, wrestle and often use hyperbolic phrases like "I'm going to kill you". These things, I have observed, are done for the same reason as our focused hatred of prominent people. We hold deepseated hate for each other and seek for relatively non-lethal ways of expressing this hate.

I suppose that I have entirly absorbed a Freudian way of looking at life. I havn't even read much Freud. I don't know whether I have absorbed it diffusely or whether I have thought this stuff up on my own. Probably a bit of both.

I have been feeling a lot of anger lately. I blew a gasket on an old woman who treated me with extreme disrespect and imposed herself on my individual rights and freedoms. I have spent my life being ignored and silenced. It is rather like Lord of the Flies, where the one kid who knows what to do is inevitably crushed. This world, civilization, is run by the murderers and megalomaniacs. I could jump out right now and get into this, but I have turned a post that began as a light hearted comedic observation about how humans behave and now it is treading into my darker side. We don't need to go there.

The joke of a comedian is always supposed to make you weep and laugh at the same time. All I can do is either make someone weep or laugh. I can't tell a good joke unless I can elicite both responces at the same time. I cannot find the subtle tragicomic dusk of human communication.

This post has taken a rather unexpected direction...

13 comments:

Altruistic Indemnity said...

What a comedy is life.

Erroneous Monk said...

Now make a comment on Michael Richards. You know you want to.

Anonymous said...

All beings on this earth can be classified into one of two categories, fight animals, and flight animals. Human beings are the ultimate fight animal. We've got that position locked; no other animal invents weapons capable of destroying the earth, and starts wars over injured pride. Other animals couldn't fathom such a thing as pride- or any of the other dubious reasons we find to kill one another. As a species, we don't run from our fears (real or imagined) we build nukes and laugh maniacally. There is no disputing that. The sooner we all accept this truth, the sooner we can stop vain utopian philosophizing, and go kill some Timberwolves.

Erroneous Monk said...

MICHAEL (WHITE SUPREMIST) RICHARDS!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU JOHN! and jeff...what the hell?! sorry, excuse my french. pome.

Anonymous said...

Obviously tongue doesn't meet cheek very often in Edmonton

Anonymous said...

i like waffles!!! especially making them naked for john... ;)

Anonymous said...

Touche'

Erroneous Monk said...

I win.

the philosopher one said...

holy shizza mia, you and john are perfect for each other, you both embody libido...but gah gaaaaahhhh please don't subject the rest of the world to this...

Anonymous said...

but the world must know that I'M IN LAUFF ANDREW! I'M IN LAUFF! :)

Erroneous Monk said...

We are the male and female versions of libidio. Now to make children so they can work the fields.

the nortre dame said...

HAHAHA...mmm...come by my house at around 9 this evening john, the door will be left ajar and the lights will be out. follow the scented candels, rose pedals and randomly placed fuzzy peaches to my room. we can talk about making children then and don't worry about going home, the conversation will last all evening and well into the morning. AND in the morning, i'm making WAFFLES!!!