Monday, November 27, 2006

Of Snowmen and Timberwolves

So, it is snowing in the land of Vancouver, and I am actually enjoying life. The phenomenon of snow in Vancouver brings out many odd things. In the endless suburb of Surrey life springs from the white smoothering blanket of snow. Couples tromp through the snow as if they have an obligation to walk in the rare snowfall. Neighbors who never talk chat while they shovel their driveways. Kids and teenagers are dragged behind the family truck on sleds or snowboards. Snowmen and snowwomen, and I guess snowgendermixedbeings abound. Snowball fights are intense and joyful. I have two comments to make about snow.

1. taking a snowmsn into a hot tub is the best thing in the world, his last moments would be glorious and then he would return to the liquid from whence he formed--all snowmen are buddhists.

2. the only thing that could make snow in the suburbs better is if packs of timber wolves appeared every time that it snowed--life is only worth living if one has to battle timber wolves once in a while.

If only I could live in my imagination. Perhaps I already do...remember to fear yet respect timber wolves and snowpeople, they are our only hope to redeem the human race.

10 comments:

Erroneous Monk said...

One day I'll understand what the hell youre on about...

Anonymous said...

Awesomely hilarious post.

BRING IT ON TIMBERWOLVES!

This snow is indeed very refreshing.

I especially like the buddhist gendernonspecificsnowpeople.

Heliantheae said...

i love it! tis absolutely wonderful!!!

Erroneous Monk said...

I hate snow. I dont miss school, I dont miss work. I either go or get fired. Alas and Alack my life is so hard.

Anonymous said...

that's not the only thing that's so hard baby...

Anonymous said...

Sweet Tapdancing Jesus......

Anonymous said...

oh jeffy, i'm not talking about Jesus, i'm talking about...down there...shhh. anyways, b/c i'm not selfish and i want people to laugh at my humour you guys should check out the different web addresses i make up every time i leave a comment. they're different every time, for your reading pleasure. they're mostly about john. i'll try to tone down the sex ual tones...next week...

Anonymous said...

It's really more of an 'Oh dear' sort of reference..

Erroneous Monk said...

I love her

the nortre dame said...

i love you too baby and everything below... ;)