Thursday, September 27, 2007

I am (in) the Shit

So here's the reason that I've given up on writing for the past month...

2nd History of the Holocaust Class:
I am shocked to hear that we will be doing an elementary school timeline approach to the Holocaust even in our papers.

I strap my seatbelt tighter and refuse to eat berries lest hemeroids appear.

3rd Class:
My project group and I develop a very inovative research project. We want to research how viewing the Holocaust as the central event of WWII and the past century affects how people remember and think about the Holocaust. Our idea is rejected and we are subjected to a webliography.

I seriously consider strangling her rather than trying to communicate at the level of a chimpanzee.

4th Class:
I have a major panic attack throughout the entire duration of the class summoning up only enough sanity to ask the professor "if we would be able to engage with the issues at a slightly more sophisticated level than fitting the triangle shaped toy into the triangle shaped hole?" These are my words verbatim, delivered in a clearly manic state, to a class of 70 people-most of them checking their e-mail accounts on their laptops.

She makes snide comments about sophistication for the duration of the class.

We watch yet another film that I've seen before about a timeline that I've known about since grade 11.

I later forget all about it and pretend that I am in a world in which elves, goblins and gnomes bicker over the most ethical, equitable and environmentally-friendly distribution of dew from the grasses of the magical meadow to all of Illuvitar's blessed creatures. I dance a frenzied dance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you've finally joined us in the land of the gnomes...

And you can make that square peg go into the round hole, by the way. Turn it sideways, and hit it really hard with a closed fist.
I learned that as a wee child, and metaphors put to me by authority figures confused me, and had little impact for many years...